Punda Malidadi

Tuesday, August 22, 2006

Things I Did, Things I'm Done, Things I'm Doing


Scuba Diving:

I am now an open-water certified scubadiver. I spent a weekend in July in Strathcona Pool and the Northwest Scuba classroom and last weekend in refreshing Lakes Edith and Annette in Jasper. Wearing 14 mm of neoprene on my core and 7mm overywhere else, including a hood, gloves, and boots, I dived down 42 feet. The lakes have a silt bottom, and when there's 19 inexperienced divers in one who have no idea in hell how to deal with their buoyancy and who keep stirring up the bottom, the water gets quite murky. At times, the only thing I could see was my instructor's neon yellow tank. Also, there's not much to see in the first place in these lakes. Actually, there is as good as nothing to see- A few fairly large-sized(around 12 inches or so) sand-colored suckerfish, and a few schools of inch-long, also sand-colored fish. Now, I'm hoping to go to Mexico to do my Advanced Open Water Certification there, and, you know, to actually see some underwater life.

Bachelor of Arts:


I am done. I wrote my last exam on Friday. I shall be convocating in November, when I'm already a Master's of Science student(thesis-based) of Resource Economics in the Department of Rural Economy.


Bear-sighting:

Yes, I saw a bear. Actually, I saw three bears: A female black bear with two cubs. It was my first real trip to the mountains. The bears appeared on the side of Maligne Road between Medicine Lake and Maligne Lake.

Other things I'm doing:

Sitting at the airport greeting new international students, doing research, trying to write more plays, sporadically attending a math refresher course, reading, and trying to catch a few plays at the fringe.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Blogger