Punda Malidadi

Tuesday, May 30, 2006

Nobel Prize 2040

My niece is nothing short of a genius. She is now slightly short of 18 months old, but she has by far the hugest vocabulary of any of her playmates. She can say around 200 words, including most animals accompanied by the sounds they make. She repeats every word you ask her to repeat, and she gets most of them right. She can even say my name! Most other kids' vocabularies at her age are somewhere in the low double digits, and she has already started to form two word sentences. For example, today, when my sister Tina poured spaghetti sauce over the spaghetti, she pointed and said "Mommy sauce!"

Expect great things from her. Don't say I didn't warn you.

2 Comments:

Blogger Catrin wrote:
[3:17 PM, May 30, 2006]
Sure, but can you say my name? I think not.
Blogger Catrin wrote:
[10:16 PM, May 30, 2006]
Maybe it's not, but I don't think "huge" is an absolute and I think this is the correct superlative.

Post a Comment

<< Home

Blogger