Punda Malidadi

Wednesday, May 31, 2006

Italy! Oh, Italy!

Why did I have to do a Google search about teaching English abroad? Oh, why? Now I want to go, and my Master's doesn't seem all that attractive to me anymore. I can go teach in Italy! In ITALY! Which most of you can't, because you usually have to be an EU citizen. I, can, go, teach, English, in, Italy! Or in Greece! Or in China!

Or...oh, boy, my head is spinning.

Well, I think I know what I'm doing *next* year. Does anyone know if it's a big deal to put a Master's on hold for a year right in the middle of it?

4 Comments:

Blogger Catrin wrote:
[7:36 AM, June 01, 2006]
I signed a piece of paper that said I would be an RA for Rural Economy? I dunno, you're the law student.
Blogger Steph wrote:
[12:18 PM, June 01, 2006]
Wouldn't they just offer the position to someone else if you pulled out?

Personally I'd rather take a break after my BA than in the middle of my Master's.
Blogger Catrin wrote:
[12:32 PM, June 01, 2006]
Well, according to Mustafa, it's not a big deal and people do it all the time. Also according to him, it would be a much better idea, however, to write my thesis in Italy after I'm done all my coursework. And I have to say, I agree.
Blogger Catrin wrote:
[12:43 PM, June 01, 2006]
I honestly think my department has enough money, and that they're short on grad students if anything. My impression is that pretty much everyone gets this as long as they apply before August or so.

Post a Comment

<< Home

Blogger