Punda Malidadi

Saturday, February 04, 2006

I-week happenings.

I met my hero. I shook his hand. I stuttered. I blushed. Then, I said, loudly and clearly:

"It's my birthday today."

That is why it now says in the front of my copy of Race Against Time :



To Catrin:


I am honoured to
have shared your birthday
with you.
In friendship,

Stephen Lewis

I am a total nitwit. Thankfully there is no danger of him remembering me.

On other breaking news, the team: "The Pancakes", consisting of Babil Pobee, Steve Smith, Sara Ghebremusse, Chris Henderson and me has won the 18th annual International Quiz. Amongst many others we beat a team consisting of the UofA chaplains. Thank *God* they took that section on religious symbols out. And man, was it ever funny when they announced that.

Earlier that day, I got my hair braided into three corn rows for black history month and looked ridiculous. Or so I was told at least.

Also, I have gotten involved with the Kamit African Carribean Society and am trying to help them with their fund raiser- all proceeds go to alleviate the AIDS crisis in Africa. They are thinking of donating it to the Stephen Lewis foundation, but they haven't gotten the green light to use his name yet, so forget I said that.

The fundraiser is a Jazz, Art and fashion night with African hors-d'oeuvres. If you are an artist who would like to donate a piece of art- the theme is "Persevering in th Face of Hardship"- then please contact me. There will be a silent auction for your art and also a panel of judges who will pick the best pieces for prizes- most likely cash prizes- so you could come out way ahead.

If you are just interested in going to a nice event with food, performances and art, and would like to see me and Steve Smith model African clothing in the fashion show- I'm thinking of giving him corn rows as a punishment for ridiculing mine-, then contact me as well. Prices are $10 for students and $ 15 otherwise.


5 Comments:

Blogger Sean Tisdall wrote:
[11:08 PM, February 04, 2006]
Give him the goddamn corn rows. Fucker has it coming.
Blogger Catrin wrote:
[10:12 PM, February 05, 2006]
I take it that means you're buying tickets for your whole family?
Blogger Konrad wrote:
[12:56 AM, February 06, 2006]
Gibt es Beweisfotos von den Corn Rows?
Blogger Sean Tisdall wrote:
[6:32 AM, February 06, 2006]
What date?
Blogger Catrin wrote:
[8:38 AM, February 06, 2006]
Konrad: Gott sei dank nicht.

Sean: Good point. It's Friday, March 17th.

Post a Comment

<< Home

Blogger