Punda Malidadi

Tuesday, April 12, 2005

Worst Case Scenario

Oh, God.

My family is going to have my head, roast it on a stick, and then feed it to the cat.

And I will deserve it too.

Oh, there is no profanity in this world that could express how I feel right now.

What am I going to tell them?

"Hey Mom. I have good news and bad news. The good news is that I will be able to attend the changeover council meeting! Isn't that exciting! On the downside, that $1100 non-refundable ticket you paid for will go to waste, and that baptism of my niece that you rescheduled for me will have to happen without me."

Oh, I feel like changing my address, phone number, and breaking all ties to my family.

Then again...it's really not my fault at all! Remember how I paid those dimwits at the consulate 390 fucking Dollars for my passport? Well, they never told me that I needed a piece of paper from Germany stating when I ceased to be a resident there. In fact, they said that because I didn't have said piece of paper, I had to pay double the fee- which I did. Not happily, mind you, but I did. And now some asshole in Vancouver won't give me a temporary passport because I don't have it. Did somebody piss in your cornflakes? Oh, I wish it had been me.

Because, if somebody only had told me when I first went to the consulate 4 weeks ago, I would have had said paper sent to me. Now, of course, it is too late, and I better think of something to tell my family.

Does somebody have a car they could run me over with?

8 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous wrote:
[1:22 PM, April 12, 2005]
Is there nothing that can be done?
Blogger Catrin wrote:
[2:24 PM, April 12, 2005]
I don't know, I guess I could always try to get the unknkowledgeable person fired, but I just don't see how that adds to humanity's utility in the grand picture, you see?
Anonymous Anonymous wrote:
[2:59 PM, April 12, 2005]
I'd try everything.

Is it impossible to still get the needed document in time?

Could you plead with the airline to change the date of your ticket?

Are you going to complain to the consulate about what happened?

Beg your parents to buy you a new ticket?
Blogger "Steve Smith" wrote:
[5:06 PM, April 12, 2005]
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Blogger "Steve Smith" wrote:
[5:07 PM, April 12, 2005]
Have you tried crying?

(I realize that this isn't a joking matter, and I'm not joking.)
Anonymous Anonymous wrote:
[5:50 PM, April 12, 2005]
Cna you hassle your way up to someone with lots of power at the consulate, and get them to make your case a top priority, and make them just do the things that need to be done?
Anonymous Anonymous wrote:
[12:07 AM, April 13, 2005]
It might also be worth talking to the airline anyway and explaining your situation, to get credit or something, at least. I don't know how strict they'll be, but I know that, in a lot of cases, pleading and begging and just generally being very bothersome can get you places, especially with companies, like airlines, that really really need your continued money to stay in business.

It might be a waste of time. I don't know. You've had a lot more dealings with airlines than I have. My worst story is nearly missing my flight because I was waiting on an incompetent check-in person. He spent a long time staring blankly at his computer screen (while people quickly filed by me to other counters), and put tags on my bags for a city that I was decidedly not going to. It was okay though, because his supervisor eventually came out and stood impatiently next to me, to make sure I didn't miss my flight.
Anonymous Anonymous wrote:
[3:09 PM, April 13, 2005]
Travel cuts has round trip tickets Toronto to Frankfurt on sale for $275, if you can get to Toronto..

Post a Comment

<< Home

Blogger