Punda Malidadi

Sunday, December 26, 2004

Realistically...

...it is still Christmas Day. Although I assume that this post will show up under the 26th of December. Let's just say, this was my weirdest Christmas ever. If this is any indication for how 2005 will be for me, I am a very very happy camper. There are few things in life that I embrace more wholeheartedly than weirdness.

I went tobogganing with Roman. That was weird. And funny. And then I went out to Dinner with someone in exchange for him not to contact me for at least 5 weeks. That also qualifies as weird. Then, Chris Chan came over to my house to borrow a movie from me which he can't even understand since it's dubbed in German(weird), and helped me solve this year's Journal's Holiday Crossword puzzle(geeky, and only slightly weird). He also had plastic wrap around his runners to see if that would keep the wind out(very weird- respect).

We are maybe 20% done. Damn it.

As for the rest of the evening, I am going to take a bath and try to hone my skill in not getting books wet while reading in the bathtub by reading "Comrade Don Camillo", a book which I illegally borrowed from my ex-boyfriend's building's common room's library a while ago, and which reminds me of my childhood- it's Italian and I have grown up watching the movie adaptations of the quarrels between the communist mayor Peppone and the catholic priest Don Camillo.

I feel a bit bad about borrowing it, because I plan to borrow it indefinitely, but to say it economically, the utils it adds to humanity's wellbeing through me are indefinitely more numerous than the utils it adds to humanity's wellbeing by collecting dust surrounded by bound editions of Reader's Digest in the lowest shelf at a highrise full of...well, unappreciative people.

At least that's what I'll keep telling myself.


1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous wrote:
[1:00 AM, December 26, 2004]
The plastic works like magic. Truly. Environment Canada says the temperature is -28 (including wind chill, though it's only actually -17), but not a bit of me was cold on the way home (which, admittedly, is only about 30 blocks).

Post a Comment

<< Home

Blogger