Punda Malidadi

Wednesday, December 29, 2004

100,000

100,000 lives.
100,000 people.
Now, 100,000 bodies.

Mothers, fathers, children, girlfriends, boyfriends, uncles, best friends.

Whole families wiped out, except for the odd and unlucky survivor.

The sheer amount of misery and heartbreak that has swept over this world in the last few days is mindboggling.

An earthquake. A wave. And more than 100,000 people lose their lives.

Well, as a very wise person once said:

Even if there is a god, I sure as hell wouldn't like him.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous wrote:
[9:20 PM, December 29, 2004]
This is why I believe we waste too much time on the internet, television, crappy Hollywood movies, and smelling of smoke at the bars. I don't believe any of that contributes to "living life to its fullest" (that is, while it may be entertaining, there are usually even more fulfilling things that a person could spend his or her time doing).

I've got a good life, so I'm making sure I live well.

[insert a bunch of cliché, but applicable phrases here]
Blogger Catrin wrote:
[3:11 PM, December 30, 2004]
Well, I believe in balance. Balance in the sense that extremes should average out over time, not in the sense of indecisively staying at an uncontroversial and eventless mean.
And I know if I don't go stroke my ego and inner hedonist once in a while, I am no good for making the world a better place.
Anonymous Anonymous wrote:
[5:20 PM, December 30, 2004]
That's why I'm making you a mix CD.
Blogger Catrin wrote:
[8:17 PM, December 30, 2004]
ooooh! I'm excited. Love that Feist CD. Best CD to play while taking a bath ever.

Post a Comment

<< Home

Blogger