Punda Malidadi

Sunday, August 21, 2005

Why *you* should be jealous

You should be jealous because I spent almost 12 hours yesterday at one of Chris Chan's infamous tea parties, and you most likely did not. I drank tea, peed, drank tea, peed(rinse, wash, repeat). I listened to divine music. I was told I had a ticket for the Feist concert in October. I played geeky German board games in the style of settlers of Catan. I talked about all kinds of current issues(this included hack talk as well as an interesting conversation with the director of the food bank, which I will not divulge according to his wishes-by the way, you look a little bit like Joaquin Phoenix). I ate all fricking day, from 2.30 in the afternoon until 2 a.m.-

  • bean soup with roasted red peppers and zucchini
  • veggie samosas with hot mango chutney
  • spinach feta pie
  • apple-zucchini salad
  • little rolls with a cheese filling(can't remember the name)
  • coconut rice with mango and other fruit
  • German Speatzle pasta
  • Ghanian deep fried bananas with tomato stew
  • Stuffed squash and zucchini
  • Orange and regular raspberries
  • Candied cantaloupe
  • Green tea ice cream
  • White chocolate raspberry gelato
  • fortune cookies
  • homemade brazilian toffee chocolates
  • all kinds of fair trade chocolate
  • cherries

I also now know a lot about all kinds of people in Wetaskawin- I tell you, life is one huge soap opera there!

Chris Chan also had the good sense to point out the best website I've seen in ages to me.

Now: more good times.

1 Comments:

Blogger Catrin wrote:
[9:51 AM, August 22, 2005]
I missed the onion cakes? Why, oh why? And I left the tofu sticks out on purpose. I hate tofu. All the rest, I just forgot about.

Post a Comment

<< Home

Blogger