Punda Malidadi

Monday, April 18, 2005

And the Cycle of Shit Continues...

Well, thank God for my persistent nature. In my quest to find a loophole to enter my own country, I was unaware that the main entrance was wide open the whole time.

This morning, I instructed my mother to call the German Immigration authorities at the Frankfurt airport, to inquire about getting into the country with an expired passport, and then possibly to get my sister to call back to ask about a "lost" passport.

Guess what? They are not allowed to turn me away as a German citizen, and never would. Now I know some of you have told me this, but I was foolish enough to believe the General consul in Vancouver, who told me there was no way I could enter into Germany. Not only that, my mother was also unmistakenably told that while I might not be eligible for a preliminary passport, that there was a travel document for emergencies that they have to provide me with within 2 hours if I request it. (Quote: What on earth else would we have embassies and consulates for then?)And it doesn't end here: Once I am in Germany, they also have to provide me with a travel document to enter back into Canada.

My mother and I had spoke with four different authorities so far, and it seems three of them had absolutely no clue what the heck they were talking about.

I love bureaucracy.

And please, let that man not have been on crack, because I am deliriously happy right now, and should this all turn out to be a fluke, I am going to get angry like no one has ever seen me before.

19 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous wrote:
[2:00 PM, April 18, 2005]
Just hope they don't deport you to Syria.
Anonymous Anonymous wrote:
[4:23 PM, April 18, 2005]
As I recall, that was the first thing I told you.

Adam
Blogger kh cheung wrote:
[6:09 PM, April 18, 2005]
Hey Catrin, have a great summer! when are you leaving and when are you coming back? I've been caught up in your story, and sympathizing your position. But it only makes sense that you can return to Germany, like that--snap of the fingers! duh!
Anonymous Anonymous wrote:
[7:43 PM, April 18, 2005]
Hey Baaba, if this country is so "stupid" why don't you deport your ass out of here with her?
Blogger Catrin wrote:
[12:40 AM, April 19, 2005]
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Blogger Catrin wrote:
[12:41 AM, April 19, 2005]
Anonymous 1: A free trip? Awesome!
Adam: Yes. However, you were not the first one to tell me that.
KaHing:Leaving Friday the 22nd and coming back May 10th. We *have* to go out some time.
Anonymous 2(although he/she sure sounds a lot like Anonymous 1): I am sure by "stupid" Baaba meant something along the lines of "boring because we're here all year and full of finals we don't like to write." So, lighten up, goddammit.
Roman: Oh, god, yes. When the good news came in, the second or third thought was "I'll need a proxy for council". Try not to do anything too interesting without me. Hey, maybe I can be on MSN and somebody can tell me what is going on. That would be awesome. I am going to look into that.
Blogger "Steve Smith" wrote:
[12:44 AM, April 19, 2005]
Roman won't do anything interesting because
1. He's Roman, and
2. He's missing Council too.
Blogger Catrin wrote:
[9:23 AM, April 19, 2005]
I didn't mean Roman. I meant council.
Blogger Prus wrote:
[9:44 AM, April 19, 2005]
HA I can proxy if i'm not covering it....and have nothing better to do
Anonymous Anonymous wrote:
[10:57 AM, April 19, 2005]
Your country (assuming it adheres to at least quasi-civilized standards of practice) has to let you in, eventually. The more relevant concern is whether the airline will carry you without a passport.
Anonymous Anonymous wrote:
[11:45 AM, April 19, 2005]
I assume Catrin has that covered.
Anonymous Anonymous wrote:
[11:42 AM, April 21, 2005]
When do you leave Catrin?
Blogger Catrin wrote:
[1:29 PM, April 21, 2005]
I leave tomorrow- Friday.
Anonymous Anonymous wrote:
[2:04 PM, April 21, 2005]
Don't you need a passport to get on the plane?
Anonymous Anonymous wrote:
[3:15 PM, April 21, 2005]
Good riddance
Anonymous Anonymous wrote:
[7:29 PM, April 21, 2005]
That's not very nice.
Anonymous Anonymous wrote:
[7:30 PM, April 21, 2005]
Why are you on her blog if she bothers you?
Anonymous Anonymous wrote:
[8:51 PM, April 21, 2005]
It's just one of Catrin's self-loathing dissociated personalities making an appearance, I suspect. You'd have one too if you were that brilliant. It's analogous to being so hip that you dislocate your pelvis.
Anonymous Anonymous wrote:
[9:55 PM, April 21, 2005]
That had an SNR approaching 0.

Post a Comment

<< Home

Blogger