Punda Malidadi

Friday, March 18, 2005

Gaaaaaaaaaah!

I can't believe I woke up to a couple of nimwits trying to do a running gag about the notwithstanding clause.

"I stopped believing in the notwithstanding clause when I was nine."
"Every year on December 25, the notwitstanding clause comes down the chimney and repeals a law."

Yes, the emphasis is on *trying*.

Why do I have to suffer through so much unintelligent, uninformed babbling by two middle-aged guys, with lots of awkward silences, just to listen to some classic rock?

I think I heard them scratch their crotches, too.

Then, as if all of this wasn't bad enough, TD Bank followed up with a tear-jerking commercial about selling badges about something-yadda-yadda Edmonton safe- yadda-yadda-let's make money off the dead RCMP officers.

I think I am going to set my radio to that piercing beeping noise in order to preserve my sanity.

(Sam, I am waiting for your comment and I know what it will be.)

2 Comments:

Blogger "Steve Smith" wrote:
[3:55 PM, March 18, 2005]
I would dearly love to find a station that combined K-Rock's taste in music with CJSR's everything else. Clockwork Orangejuice comes close (yeah, indy my ass, Moose), but that's only once a week and I'm sure as hell not going to change my clock radio to that station for just that day.

So CBC am it is. The K-Rock morning show plays very little music anyway.
Anonymous Anonymous wrote:
[7:40 PM, March 18, 2005]
I have either CBC Espace musique (90.1 FM--it used to be called something else that I don't remember), CBC Radio 2 (90.9 FM), or CBC Radio One (740 AM), combined with whatever happens to be in my CD player at the time.

Post a Comment

<< Home

Blogger