Punda Malidadi

Tuesday, March 15, 2005

Look, it's two for one day!

This morning, after a rather late night, I rolled myself out of bed and biked down Whyte Avenue to make the ungodly office hours of the German Consulate(9-12)before my 11 am class. After waiting in line for about half an hour, I am told that a new German passport with a German address costs twice the amount of a new German passport with a Canadian address.

Huh?

Anyways, I will have to pay a full $180 for my new passport. I mean, ouch!

Crazy Germans.

Fun fact of the day: It appears Canada has stricter regulations for its passport pictures than Germany. The following monologue took place in HUB mall at the photographer's there:

"Could you smile a bit? You're practically glaring at me."

Alright, buddy. Please press the button.

" No, that was too much smiling. You're not allowed to show your teeth."

Okay. Now press the button.

"No, still too much."

Guess what? *Now* I actually *am* glaring at you!

"Alright, do what you think is right. I am not giving any guarantees though."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Blogger