Punda Malidadi

Wednesday, December 15, 2004

New Developments in my Life

1. I got my Econ 213 paper back. 85%. I wrote that paper being miserable, half-drunk and sleep-deprived, and it really sucks. So, in the spirit of fairness, I have talked to our honourable Speaker and Director of Ombudservices Gregory Harlow about appealing for a lower mark. He mumbled something about being "unwilling to help with masochist endeavours like that". Whatever.

2. I got an A in Swahili. I almost peed my pants when I heard that, and by almost I mean completely. What is wrong with you teachers?
  • I suck at Swahili.
  • I missed more than a third of all classes.
  • I missed quizzes unexcused and was allowed to make them up weeks later.
  • I started studying for the final on the bus on my way there.

I just don't get it.


3. I wrote a final today. I planned to get up at 5.30 in the morning to do some studying, but being a dumb European and used to the 24hour clock, I fucked up that am and pm thing. AGAIN. And I guarantee you, it won't be the last time either.
But then, it turns out that half of that exam was multiple choice. Sometimes life is good.

4. I bought a shitload of CDs today. And that makes me happy. And not study. Oh, not studying. It feels so dirty during exam week, way better than all the not studying I did all year.

5. I love AC/DC.

I mean, come on, look at these lyrics...

She was a fast machine
She kept her motor clean
She was the best damn woman
I had ever seen
She had the sightless eyes
Telling me no lies
Knockin' me out with those American thighs
Taking more than her share
Had me fighting for air
She told me to come but I was already there
Cause the walls start shaking
The earth was quaking
My mind was aching
And we were makin it and you

Shook me all night long
Yeah you shook me all night long
Working double time
On the seduction line
She was one of a kind, she's just mine all mine
She wanted no applause
Just another course
Made a meal out of me and came back for more
Had to cool me down
To take another round
Now I'm back in the ring to take another swing'

Cause the walls were shaking
The earth was quaking
My mind was aching
And we were makin it and you -
shook me all night long.

4 Comments:

Blogger Prus wrote:
[4:55 PM, December 15, 2004]
It's creepy that i got to the AC/DC lyrics just as i tunes decided that i was ready to listen to that song....creepy
Blogger "Steve Smith" wrote:
[12:16 AM, December 16, 2004]
That song loses some of its appeal after you've seen Kail Ross engage in pelvic thrusting to its beat. Perhaps you'd better just take my word for it.
Blogger Prus wrote:
[12:23 AM, December 16, 2004]
There are so many advantages to being a few years behind you Steve....
Blogger Catrin wrote:
[5:10 PM, December 17, 2004]
Do mean AC/DC? That would be zero. I am planning to correct that, but when I was out CD shopping recently, turns out AC/DC Albums are really expensive. Can you recommend one?

Post a Comment

<< Home

Blogger