Punda Malidadi

Thursday, November 18, 2004

Obscene gestures at the PSE rally.

I had a great time at the Provincial Day of Action Rally. We managed to attract quite a bit of media attention, and attention from the public, and honking. I got interviewed, but I forgot who it was- some kind of confusing combination of letters, but it looked like print, so I don't know. But if you see a quote somewhere that says "We're going to stay here till the cows come home", well, then that was enthusiastic me(before my fingers went numb from the cold).

But my favourite part was when I held up my HONK! sign and some guy in a car made an obscene gesture towards me(you know, the one involving the tongue and two fingers).Naturally, I gave him the finger, unaware of the photographer next to me. Needless to say, he didn't see the obscene gesture, only what looked like me giving the finger to an innocent bydriver, and looked at me quite appalledly. So I repeated said gesture for him. Which created some more confusion, but eventually we cleared it up. What I am hoping right know is that he didn't take a picture of any part of this incident.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Blogger